Bach - Christmas Oratorio
Recorded 10-14 January 2013. Released November 2013.
SUNDAY TIMES RECORDING OF THE WEEK
“I’ve long treasured John Eliot Gardiner’s ‘Christmas Oratorio’, but Sir John will have to make room [for] Stephen Layton at the top of my list.” – Fanfare Magazine
Trinity College Choir and Stephen Layton join the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and an impressive line-up of soloists led by Evangelist James Gilchrist for a joyous rendition of Bach’s six cantatas for the festive season from the first day of Christmas to Epiphany.
Hyperion Records CDA68031/2
- Katherine Watson (Soprano)
- Iestyn Davies (Countertenor)
- James Gilchrist (Tenor)
- Matthew Brook (Bass)
- The Choir of Trinity College Cambridge
- Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
- Stephen Layton (Conductor)