Duruflé/Fauré/Messiaen - Sacred Choral Works
Recorded July 1989 and 1990. Released July 1990.
“The quietly ecstatic Messiaen motet is quite beautifully done. The singers display marvellous control and the serene “Alleluias” near the very end are quite magical.” – Musicweb International
The Choir’s second album of French choral music for Conifer Classics after the 1988 release of > Poulenc – The Sacred Music. The performance of Fauré’s ‘Requiem’, and Camilla Otaki’s account of the solo ‘Pie Jesu’ in particular, are among Trinity’s most widely-heard recordings.
Conifer Classics CDCF176
- The Choir of Trinity College Cambridge
- Camilla Otaki (Soprano)
- Mark Griffiths (Baritone)
- Briony Shaw (Solo violin)
- Richard Pearce (Organ Scholar)
- London Musici (Leader – Martin Outram)
- Richard Marlow (Conductor)